Monday, May 22, 2017

THE ELDER CAMPBELL EPISTLE May 21, 2017

After a short break, my epistles will make their great return to tell all of you, my beloved family and friends, just how much I love this work! I was able to return to my homelands of Matagalpa and Ocotal the past weeks to visit with the missionaries AND to make visits to the people that have changed my life forever. To see how the Lord works in the lives of people who truly have humbled themselves before him and to continue keeping the commandments after listening to a white kid from Utah teach them about their Savior in broken Spanish.. This is the work of Him! 
HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO MY MOM! Thank you for taking time out of your big day and Skyping me! 

TODAY, one man that taught me all I know is hitting a landmark of 49 years.. My father! There was no greater blessing than being raised by a man like him. Thank you, Dad, for the 19 years of guidance and example of what a man and a father should be. I sure do love you! Make sure to wish him a good one!

About 2 months ago, the missionaries from the Maximo Jerez ended up finding a man named Cristian by the works of a member. This man, through battles and trials, took the steps of baptism yesterday and made a complete 360 degree turn around through it all. One night, he told us that he loved when we visited because of the peace and love he felt as we shared our message about Christ and how that same Feeling stayed in his house, long after we had left. The Lord worked mighty miracles in the life of this man and I am forever grateful for that. If you look up convert to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on the Internet, Cristian would be the definition and picture that would show up!

One time, a thug named Saul was on a road that lead to a city named Damascus. Suddenly, the Lord and Savior appeared to him, to chasten him and to change his course of life forever. Saul was blinded and humbled, and had to be taken into the city by the strength of others. As Saul humbly prayed for help, the Lord called one of his servants to administer unto Saul. The servant was hesitant, but the Lord confirmed unto him that he was a ´chosen vessel´. All of us our chosen vessels for the Lord and he needs us more than ever. No matter where we are, no matter what we've done, he will send someone or something to invite us back. To change us. This life is all about that change. The change to gain a testimony of Jesus Christ. If we hearken unto him, he will show us how we can make that necessary change. Of that I testify!

Man, preaching has become a passion for me. I love nothing more than teaching this Gospel. I love working with my companions in the Maximo and helping President Poncio raise the Mision Nicaragua Managua Norte to the top! 

Look at them and weep! That is all we have for this one. I love you guys, stay safe!

Elder Campbell

FOTOS:


AP NEILSON, what's good baby.

MATAGALPA




Cristian, man! (I am not as fat as I look)

No comments:

Post a Comment