Wednesday, September 27, 2017

NORTHBOUND AND TOUCAN HUNTING September 24, 2017

I made my way back up to the promised land of Northern Nicaragua to work with my beloved Elders and it did not disappoint! Our first day, we worked in my 2nd zone of Ocotal! I was able to work on an entire mountain side with the companionship, do 4 baptismal interviews (super spiritual), and see Rut, Jose, and Maria, all old converts! I felt alive and filled with our Savior´s love seeing and walking around with all of these oh so humble people. There is nothing better.

Day 2 (Wednesday) We made our way into EstelĂ­ after a little sleep over at Elder Hughes´ house. (Risk until 2 am). We worked a little, invited a few to baptism, then i had a video conference with Elder Cordon from the 70 with President and Elder Diaz. We talked about the upcoming tour of the mission he is going to have, talked about what we need to do better as a mission, and we received revelation. After, I made my way down to a little pueblo called La Trinidad! I met a man named Walmar that has been investigating the church for over a year. As I got to know him and his beautiful family, I felt the need to read 3 Nephi 11 and explain Christ´s visit and how the first thing he taught the Nephites was.. Baptism! As we read and I asked questions, the Spirit filled the scene. Walmar understood what the Lord was asking him to do in this moment as the words came alive. He accepted the invitation for this Saturday to enter into the sacred convent with the Lord! 

The following morning, as we were walking to the highway to leave, I found my little friend. A TOUCAN! It was chilling in the front yard of this lady like it was a dog. Of course, I snatched a few fotos! All we have to wait for now is a picture with one of those daddies on my arm haha! Finally, we made our way into Matagalpa. Sor Maria was calling my name haha. I saw Conny, Dari, Fidel, all of the Yaguarez Ward and so many people that I love. It was the perfect way to cap off our road trip!

The next morning, we hopped on a bus at 4.30 am to come back to Managua. It broke down and literally left us to die in the middle of the Nica country. Good thing I watched Man v. Wild for a few years and that I am almost an Eagle Scout..  

Nicaragua has taught me lessons upon lessons. I think the most important one is how to be humble. 

Jonas 4:11 This question the Lord makes is not just a question for Jonas. It is made for every single one us. The Lord WILL always give a sinner the way out through repentance!

I love you all. Fall is upon us!

Elder Campbell



TOUCAN





President Poncio's daughter received her mission call to Mexico

No comments:

Post a Comment