Wednesday, January 11, 2017

MONKEY GAMES January 10, 2017

Beloved friends and family, my deepest apologies for being a day late! Long story short, there was a little war in Managua and in Honduras, so ALL the electricity was out in every part of the country (except the cross on the top of the mountain, of course). So now, I am given very little time to write to you all about how SICK this week was!

To start it all out, I was walking by the cemetery in Matagalpa to go the house of an investigator with Elder Rush. As we walked past a house, we saw A MONKEY tied up to the tree in the front like a flippin' dog! I'd never been so happy in my entire life. Of course, I gave that sucker a little pamphlet and invited it to be baptized. You can all assume the answer I got.. Hahaha I love this place.

I also ran into 3 white kids from California in the park. It was thee hardest thing trying to explain about the mission in English.. 

NOW: THE MIRACLE!

We had a baptism! Noemis, one of our long time investigators of this change. She fought against every member of her family because she knew what we taught her was true! All of her family are members of a different church and wanted nothing to do with us, but the Lord is always preparing people for us. This is why I love this work, we find the Lord´s chosen sheep in the most unlikely places!

The day of her baptism, she totally lied to her blind mom (that factor made it a little easier for her to escape for a few hours) and came to the church with us. Don't worry, she is 22 so she was able to make the decision for herself, we just had to do a little plan Nica! She shared her testimony with us and it was night and day that change that occurred the past 4 weeks.

Sadly, that is all I have time for this go around. I love you all! I heard a quote from an ex-president of the mission from Nicaragua. He said,´´Obedience is a commitment to Jesus Christ not only for all of your mission, but for all of your life as well.´´ Think about that pup for a few seconds or so. I wish you all killer weeks! 

Elder Campbell OUT

FOTOS
The guys from California


Monkey Time


Baptism Time




No comments:

Post a Comment