Tuesday, January 3, 2017

THE BRAYDEN CAMPBELL PROJECT: MISION NICARAGUA MANAGUA NORTE January 2, 2017

Dearest Bretheren and Sisteren, how are we all doing? From what I've seen, the majority of you passed a wonderful New Years and did not get too plastered.. I hope! Nica New Years are quite different than those in the Ol´ USA. First, EVERYONE builds these life size dolls that look people. They draw a bunch of things and sins and past lives and what not, stuff them with garbage, fireworks, explosives, etc. and at Midnight, they throw them in the street and BURN THEM! HAHA, it was so funny walking around the streets of Matagalpa seeing everyone with their dolls on their porches with empty beer cans and vodka bottles.

We worked a little differently than mules this week. (Apparently I say we worked like mules every week.) We saw mountains of miracles from the Lord for our diligence and desire to serve in his vineyard. Unfortunately, we did not have the chance to baptize this week.. BUT! stay tune! This upcoming weekend we have a few awesome investigators who are ready for that final step!

New Years Eve you know for a fact I stayed up till Midnight. My companion hit the hay at like 10:40, so I had to carry the load on this one. I sat on the balcony of our house watching all of the fireworks in the Mataglapino Valley. It was like a flippin' war! 

Sunday was another one of those frustrating days that turned out to be kickin'! We got lied to so much, but the elect made their way to church! When we were walking to church, this dead drunk bolo that I had talked to earlier in the week was chilling on the corner. He yelled, ´Elder, I want to change my life! What do I do?´ Of course I said, ´´You can come to church with me this dang minute!´´ HAHA, and you know for a fact he tagged along. In the middle of sacrament, he basically yelled in my ear, attempting to whisper, I NEED TO GO PEE. Hahaha, I love this country. 

P-DAY: Elder Rush and I cooked the boys of District COMO NO a killer pancake and bacon breakfast. Then, we watched Saratov Approach. It was awesome.

Well, that is all she wrote. I complete 5 months TOMORROW! I can't believe how fast time is passing by. I love you all, do some good in the world this week.

Elder Campbell

Scripys: 

1. Mosiah 3:7 Why did he do it? Because he loves you, him, her, and me!
2. D&C 110:13-16: When eternal families became a reality!

FOTOS:


The life size dolls that they BURN

Pancakes and bacon with Elder Rush and the District


Pablo with the clutch shoe clean.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment