Tuesday, December 27, 2016

1 DOWN, 1 TO GO December 26, 2016

Happy Boxing Day to all of you English fools out there! Man, my heart is full. I cannot even begin to explain what a high-emotion, crazy, anticipated. and all around humbling day. I am forever grateful for the condescension of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To take up this 'tabernacle of clay' and experience mortality just like every one us. Christmas is quite different here in Nicaville, but God has his elect and I was able to experience my most rewarding Christmas yet!

On Christmas Eve, one of our members invited us over to eat some dinner with her and all of her family. Just over a month ago, her husband passed away because of a brain problem. To see her, still smiling, still going, still enjoying life, humbled me down to my very core. I was just sitting there, enjoying some BBQ chancho, singing some Christmas hymns, and that is when my eyes were opened. I was called here to lift the hearts and the spirits of those who are on the verge of giving up. I was called here to find those chosen elect of God. I was called here to do the will of my Father in Heaven, because that is the only uniquely personal thing that we can literally give to him. I was able to share my strong testimony with them in my simple Spanish, and man, the Spirit was there. I am forever grateful for this calling I've been given.

CHRISTMAS DAY: We had a little shaky morning with all of our investigators, but I GOT TO TALK TO MY FAMILY AFTER! I cannot explain the joy that came to me during this moment I shared with them.

I am so grateful for all of you and for this time of year. I read a story in Luke the other week about the 10 lepers. Always show that gratitude to the Lord, even in your trials! Remember what he did for us. 

Another wonderful work in the Lord´s work completed. HAPPY NEW YEARS! Bring on 2017.

Elder Campbell 

Scrips:

Luke 17:11-19 ¨Where are the 9? Be the one who returns to Christ!¨
D&C 78:19- Gratitude, baby!

FOTOS:

¨A hen gathering her chickens under her wings¨ MERRY CHRISTMAS YA´LL


Merry Christmas!

Tatum "mustache" if you are having a Merry Christmas?

Brayden got to skype our family on Christmas Day!  BEST DAY EVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment