Tuesday, December 6, 2016

ADIOS SOR MARIA/I'M GONNA BE A DAD! December 5, 2016

OY! On Saturday, I was blessed to find out that I am going to be training a brand new companion from the CCM. He's named Elder Martinez and we are opening up an area in Matagalpa called Yaguarez! I am super excited and humbled for this chance that the Lord has given me, but also a little sad to leave Sor Maria and all of the awesome people over there.  I am also grateful for the teaching and experience I gained from Elder Mendez this past 6 weeks. We sure did give them some heaven! Also, Elder Rush is my new DL and we are sharing an area. LETS GO!

I drove past the Central Park here in Matagalpa the other day and they were setting up all of the lights. It looked just like Temple Square, only without the temple and a whole lot uglier. But hey, I got my Nica pride! 

This week we had quite the experience while we were teaching a family of 13 that we found through a member of the 7th Day Adventist Church (HAHA!). We taught them the Gospel of Jesus Christ and had a super spiritual lesson. At the end, we invited them to all be baptized. Of the 13, 8 said yes! We both felt like Christ at the Sermon on the Mount just teaching a whole bunch of people. At our church, we only had a humble number of 22 that attended. The little miracle was that we invitied 4 little kids off the street and they actually came. Later, 6 out of the 8 that we invited to be baptized went to church with us! BENDICION!

I cannot believe that it is December and 90 degrees every day. Enjoy the snow you lucky dogs! I have been reading a lot of the Gospels this week and I love nothing more than reading the miracles that our Savior performed. The greatest of them all was his humble atonement. I read/listened to a talk by Elder Neal A Maxwell called APPLYING THE ATONING BLOOD OF CHRIST. All I have to say is wow!

I hope you are all preparing for Christmas! Expect big things from the boys in Yaguarez this coming month! If you feel like sending me some love through mail or package, I wouldn't even mind. HAVE A KILLER WEEK!

Elder Campbell
El Guapo

Scripture/Quote:

1. Isiah 2:2-3 The temple is where we learn to me more the like the Lord. Also, Isiah saw the SL Temple in this vision! Go to the temple for me because I don't get to for 2 years!

Christ created the universe, however in little Galilee, he was simply known as the carpenter`s son. -Neal A. Maxwell 

FOTOS:

JUNGLE CHURCH



LAST DINNER CON BIANCA


PEACE OUT MENDEZ

No comments:

Post a Comment