Wednesday, November 30, 2016

MILAGRO DE BIANCA Y DARI November 28, 2016

Beloved friends and family of the Northern Continent! Happy Day of Action and Thanks, I honestly hope you all pounded a mountain of Turkey and watched football. My apologies for not writing an email last week, but I am back! I had such an awesome week with Elder Mendez in Sor Maria! We baptized 2 of our long time investigators Saturday night. I'll explain there story a little later! We went to the Selva Negra this morning too and saw A TON of monkeys. They started throwing their poop and fruits at us. NICARAGUA! The hurricane that passed through only destroyed Mataglapa and my house a little bit...

STORY OF BIANCA Y DARI:

When I first arrived in Nicaragua, Elder Hobbs and I visited a returned missionary and his wife, who wasn't a member, named Darwain and Bianca. Darwain was struggling with coming to church so we wanted to pass by and invite him to come back and also teach Bianca. We taught and taught and always invited her to be baptized, but she always said no because she was baptized as an evangelical 7 years back. She always came to church with Darwain and loved reading the Book of Mormon with us, but never wanted to make the commitment. 

After Elder Hobbs left, Elder Mendez and I taught her a few times every week with her cousin, Dari. They both started progressing really well and we had so many awesome lessons with them. We taught Bianca and Dari about the Atonement about a week and a half ago using Isaiah 53, and the Spirit was strong. We invited them to be baptized again, and they said YES! As we prepared them for their baptisms, we talked a lot about the Temple and I have never seen a family so eager and ready to make the moves to bring themselves closer to Christ. Finally, the night before her baptism, Bianca shared a little testimony with us. She said, ¨My intentions were to only help Darwain reactivate in the church then go back to the Evangelical church. I never had plans to get baptized or make a long term stay in the church. But, with all of the lessons and Spiritual experiences I have received, I got converted along the way. I am ready for this step.¨ I LOVE THIS WORK SO MUCH.

To see the Gospel change 2 people´s lives forever and open the door for a family to be sealed in the temple. This is what missionary work is all about.

I want to share something that President Poncio shared with me a little while back. He told me that when we are having a ton of success in life, often the Lord will pull us back down to Earth to let us know that we need to stay humble. If we stay on the path and pass through our trials with joy and long suffering, that is when the Lord will put us back on top.

I love you guys all so much! Enjoy your weeks! 

Elder Campbell 

PICTURES:


BIANCA Y DARI




ELDER RUSH

SELVA NEGRA

No comments:

Post a Comment