Tuesday, November 15, 2016

TRUMP DUMP November 14, 2016

Hermanos y Hermanas Amados, como estan? Elder Campbell is still alive and super excited to talk to you guys and tell you how my week went! First, I need to know how the States are rolling with the election of Mr. Trump. EVERYONE here in Nicaragua is losing their minds. I stand out like a fly in milk (Elder Shoemaker too) and everyone asks me if I wanted to Trump to win. NEVER ANSWER! Second, 10 more days until Thanksgiving. Time is flying by. This morning we hiked up to that giant cross in Matagalpa!

Tuesday I got asked the question, "Who is Jesus Christ to you?" I just reflected for a minute and got thinking. Do the same! 

Wednesday was the day I found out Trump won and in just about every lesson I got asked if I voted for him. I started telling investigators that I am from El Salvador. They bought it :)

Thursday we had another Reunion de Nevuos in Managua! We left the house around 4:45 to catch our bus. A dude at the bus stop lost his mind and me and the other white Elders because Trump won. He was going on and on about how he is the Devil and other wack. He finished by yelling, "GO HOME! YOU'RE IN MY COUNTRY!" HAHAHA, I love the Nicas. The Reunion was awesome! Poncio gave an awesome talk on remembering that we are representatives of Christ every morning when we put on tag!

Friday, I had divisions with Elder Rush! Coolest thing ever. To think I was backpacking Coyote Gulch with Brigham Rush 8 months ago, and now we are hiking mountains together in Nicaragua, teaching people about their Savior. 

Saturday was my Happy 2 Months in Nicaragua. Congrats Big Boy :)

Sunday we had a Meeting with all of the branches in Matagalpa with President Poncio and his wife! They both gave powerful talks that the members needed to hear. I wish you guys could meet Pres. Poncio and Hermana Poncio. Some of God's Elect for sure!

Yet another saga added to the life of Elder Campbell. I hope you enjoy reading these letters for you 5 or 6 that actually do! ;) Keep saying your prays, reading the scriptures, and watching football. That is what life is all about. Much love! Campbell Out (until next Monday)

Scriptures:

1. Acts 20:35- More blessed to give than to receive.
2. Acts 20:36-38- "They cried together and kissed his neck" What happens when a missionary is about to leave home. 
3. Matthew 25:21- Well done, faithful servant
4. Alma 26:22- The Power we have.

"In contrast to the institutions of the world, which teach us to know something, the Gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something." -Elder Dallin H. Oaks

Pictures:

ENJOY! 


Reunited with Elder McCord



Elder Campbell and Elder Rush




No comments:

Post a Comment