Tuesday, November 1, 2016

WELCOME ELDER MENDEZ TO SOR MARIA October 31, 2016

Family and friends in a land far away, how goes it Happy Halloween to begin and shout out to Maddie and Tanner Withers for officially hitting your anniversary. Last week was a little early of a shout out. ALSO. shout out again to Tanner, turning the big 23! I love you big bro! Keep cheering for those dreadful Cougars while Im away! My new companion, Elder Mendez, arrived to the land of Matagalpa and we worked like mules, just like the Hobbs/Campbell duo. We baptized 2 more of our investigators and saw SO many miracles. I love this work more and more every day! I got a package from the fam on Wednesday (GRACIAS) full of twinkies and oreos. Elder Mendez ate a twinkie for the first time and it was the funniest thing. He called me a fachento chele. Matagalpa zone broke a mission record with 40 baptisms this month! Best zone in the mission, no doubt! Heres how the week went:
Tuesday worked duro duro with the new dad!
Wednesday we watched the Restoration with a few recent converts and investigators. The Spirit was super strong and I got to bear my testimony on Joseph Smith to everyone in my rugged Spanish!
Thursday, yet another day of duro work! We found one of investigators, Eliza, in her house after not seeing her in 10 days. We talked for a little and invited to get baptized and she ACCEPTED without even thinking. Miracle it 'twas!
Friday I worked a little with Elder De Leon and found more and more awesome people.
Saturday we baptized 2 of our investigators, Guillermo and Eliza. I had the chance to do the baptisms and I can tell you that the feeling of helping these people take those steps closer to the Savior are unexplainable.
Sunday rolled on by! Had an awesome attendance at church and had another little miracle with Eliza. She wasn't answering her phone all morning and she ended up missing her confirmation. We passed by her house but she wasn't home. After church, Mendez and I got on our knees and just begged the Lord to help us find her. We passed by her house a little later in the afternoon and there she was! We got special permission from Pres. Poncio to confirm her at her house. What a testimony builder that was for me with prayer. God really does care! After, one of our investigators made us this AWESOME soup for dinner. Lovin'the people here!
I wish you guys could see how amazing this place is. I honestly am seeing miracles every single day! We have high expectations set for this upcoming week. I hope everything is going well. Trick or Treat like champs tonight!
Elder Campbell
Scriptures:
1. D&C 130: 18-19
2. Alma 7: 14-15
3. Acts 9: 4
4. Revelations 3:20-21
Pictures:
2. CAKE DAY- MAYCOL

6. The first date. (Love you FAMILY)

3. Eliza at her Baptism! (She got close to me, I swear)

4. GUILLERMO!

1. Backpacking w/ a BOM

5. Cuajada Sopa y Leche


Eliza's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment