Tuesday, December 13, 2016

HITTIN' YAGUAREZ RUNNING! December 12, 2016

Beloved family and friends, I am back for another short hour to describe just how awesome this first week was with my new companion, Elder Herrera! He is from the Dominican Republic (2/2) and he is beyond excited to be out here serving the Lord. He's a recent convert of just over a year and is the ONLY member in his family. He's an inspiration to me that this Gospel really can change any heart and that it truly is of Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for the blessings that the Lord has given me and I am pumped to describe how our week went! Shoutout to my cousin, Syd, for hitting the big 20 TODAY! Still not engaged right?!

On Tuesday, hauled on down to Managua for the meeting of the new missionaries. I learned so many tips and tricks from the APs on how to be a kick butt trainer. After lunch, met big boy Herrera (I'm upset that he's taller than me) and we took off.

Wednesday, Elder Ochoa of the Seventy came and spoke to us in our Multi-Zone Conference. I am proud to say that I understand EVERYTHING in Spanish. He gave an inspiring message with 7 grand tips on how to be the best missionary possible.

Miracle of Katherine:

As we began this week, we didn't know one thing in our area. No members, directions, investigtors, nothing. We worked super hard to receive referrals and help from the members, but we faulted a baptism. On Thursday, we went to work with a member named Cindy. She brought her cousin, Katherine, a NON-MEMBER. We talked a little, and she told me she's been to church a few times before and is interested in the message. I had a prompting to ask her to get baptism this Saturday and she accepted! We taught her all 42 principals of the 5 lessons in 2 days. I asked her if she believed that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and she told me that, ¨I don`t believe he was a prophet, I feel that he was a prophet.¨ On Saturday, we had the humbling chance to baptize her a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. After her baptism, she shared her testimony with us that she felt a giant weight lifted off her shoulders and that she wants to prepare to missionary one day! Quite the miracle!

I also had the chance to baptism a investigator of mine from Sor Maria, named Maurwan. He is the coolest little muchacho! He loves the primary because they give him food and sing I am a child of God! HAHA!

I believe that God is always preparing people for us. I am humbled to be a servant for my Savior, especially this time of year. I know that as we draw closer unto him and do his will, that is when we will experience true joy.

I love you every single one of you. Keep preppin' for the 25th! Campbell OUT.

Elder Campbell 


Scriptures:

1. John 6:66-71 Lord, To whom shall we go?
2. D&C 67:3 Elder Ochoa shared this scripture with us. There is no room for fear in our hearts, only faith.

¨We are ambitious for Christ when we serve faithfully, accept humbly, endure nobly, pray fervently, and partake worthily.¨ Elder Yamashita

Pictures:


LOTS OF LOVE FROM ELDER CAMPBELL
SON & POPS


Herrera actually baptized Katherine, we just had to do plan Nica and switch white pants after I baptized Maurwan because he didn't have any!

DECORATIONS FROM MOM





No comments:

Post a Comment