Thursday, April 13, 2017

ROLLIN' DIRTY IN DOWNTOWN MANAGUA April 9, 2017

Friends and family back home, Elder Campbell in bound! So, I am currently in Managua on this gorgeous Sunday night under the hot tropical moon (HA) from the Headquarters of the mission. We'll get to the reason here shortly.. BUT, this week was easily thee craziest 7 days of my entire mission experience (Up To This Point) because we were able to bring to pass the baptisms of 2 FAMILIES from Ocotal for our zone ´TARDE BLANCA´. I cannot explain what it is like to finally baptize a family and allow the path to a sealing in the temple to be marked. The Lord poured his Spirit out over our 16 missionaries and they were all able to throw their sickles in and reap some fat blessings! The news finally arrived for Elder Campbell and after 3 short months, I am leaving Ocotal. The love I have for that little jungle town is unexplainable. Boy, it was a tough break up!

So.. On Tuesday, we had zone interviews with President Poncio and the AP´s. I was able to do divisions with Elder Neilson and wander around in the jungle. We ran around, taught repentance and invited everyone we could to get baptized. Quite the time! My time came to have my interview with President and it went normal.. until he told me that I was going to have changes the coming week. He told me that after long discussions, meditation, and pray, he has decided to call me as the AP of the Nicaragua Managua North Mission! Man, I wish you guys could've seen my face.. The Lord has blessed me beyond the amount that I have deserved in the last 8 months and I am so determined to take on this next assignment with every ounce of power that I can give. That is exactly what I told President. With this, my new day of writing will be Sundays! Bring on the adventure!

On Friday, we had the 2 weddings at our church. Jose Ramon and Maria, Roger and Jorselyn. The first weddings of my mission! There were a little shaky to be honest, the lawyer was brand new and pretty sure she got her license from the Black Market.. BUT they got married, so who cares! HAHA the best part was that hermana Maria got married in a shirt that said ´´SLUTS´´.. I almost fell on the floor when she walked into the chapel with it on. NICARAGUA!

Saturday, we rounded up the entire zone and ran up to the beloved waterfall and had all of the baptisms. It was quite the sight seeing how the Gospel worked miracles and went into the hearts of these special people. There is nothing more rewarding than a baptism, let me tell ya! I love this country and I love being a missionary. I'm never going home!

Finally, Today (SUNDAY) I had to say goodbye to the beloved ones from Ocotal. I bore my testimony and had a little sweat runnin' from the eyes. It truly hit me during this moment the divinity of this work and how it actually changes who one is. I promise you that if you look at people in the way that our Heavenly Father sees them.. You're life will change too! At 1:00, I boarded my bus (ALL BY MYSELF) and took my 5 hour bus ride to Managua. I am in for quite the ride.. 

I promise everyone single one of you that Christ is love. He is a reality and I know that one day he will be back to gather his Saints. Until then, let's get to work. Try a little harder to be a little better and apply the atoning blood of Christ every single day. It works!

I apologize for the novel, nobody has written me yet. Con Mucho Amor!

Elder Campbell 


´´The more we serve our fellowman in appropriate ways, the more substance there is to our souls. We become more substantive. As we serve others, indeed, it is easier to find ourselves because there is so much more of us to find.´´ -D. Todd Christofferson 

Baptisms in Ocotal




No comments:

Post a Comment