Friday, April 7, 2017

UNTIL WE MEET AGAIN...IN 16 MONTHS TIME April 3, 2017

Well, exactly 8 months ago was one of the most emotional, but one of thee most exciting days of my life! I entered the ol' MTC, with all the hopes and dreams in the world haha. To think how much I have grown and come to know what this Gospel is really all about.. To all of you preparing for the that journey, get ready for a roller coaster of 3-9 weeks. (the MTC is what you make out of it!) What a time it was to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints the past weekend. Shout out to Sister Spencer for the big call to NJ, USA! I'm so excited for you, give them heaven! I had the chance to listen to ALL 10 hours of  conference and boy was it inspired.. I thought for sure Tommy Monson was going to say ´Nicarauga, Managua´ in that list of 5 new temples... Onto the to adventures of Elder Campbell!

On Tuesday, I went up to Jalapa to do some splits with my boy Elder Taylor. You can see Honduras from the tops of the hills and it is thee greenest place on Earth. (Not really). It was quite the time!

Thursday we rolled out of bed at 2:30 (thankfully) to head down to Mangaua for the monthly Consejo de LĂ­deres with President Poncio and his wife and the other ZLs. As usual, we were taught greatly by our leaders and most importantly, the Spirit! 

On Saturday, as we were preparing our ´chapel´ for conference, we came to the knowledge that there was no electricity in the whole place. We started freaking out and doing anything we could think of to get it back on.. Turns out the clown from Managua FORGOT TO PAY THE OCOTAL LIGHT BILL! The electric company came to the church on the morning of April 1st and snipped our lines like an 8 day old boy Israelite (Gen. 17:12-I've been studying the OT, sorry..) We ended up hauling everyone to a cyber for Saturday and were able to be spiritually fed with the oh so fast Nica internet! 

Sunday we rented a generator and got the whole church running on light. It was glorious and completely ghetto hahaha!

My favorite talk was President Eyring´s from Priesthood session. Christ is inviting us to ¨walk with him¨ every single day. I promise that as we do, we will be able to see every single person exactly how our Heavenly Father sees them. Think about it just a minute! Review the talks as well. Pres. Monson is a true Prophet, I know it!

We hiked the Nica Cross of Ocotal this morning. I doubt your morning was better than mine. Have the best week yet, ya'll. You all mean the world to me!

Elder Campbell 

1 Peter 2:9 This would become my Plaque scripture if I could change it haha! We are a ´´particular people!´´ 
Zone Leaders

Cross of Ocotal



No comments:

Post a Comment