Monday, October 17, 2016

THE BIG 19! October 17, 2016

Family and friends, what is going on? First off, thank you to all you locos who wished me a happy birthday, much love for you all! I cannot believe my mother birthed me 19 long years ago. Thank you mother for everything you've done for me and the fam bam. I love you loads! Shout out to Elder Ogden for finally entering the field man, give them heaven! Elder Topham, I love you man. Don't get too fat eating all that fried good stuff. Finally, Kendyl Moss! Congrats on your call to Ecuador! I am so pumped for you. Spanish gang! Kam Abilla too for her call to Mexico. I'm so proud :) Another week, livin' the life in Nicaragua. Here's how she went:

Monday we played tons and tons of futbol. Elder Hobbs and I walked around Matagalpa and got the most ghetto haircuts. Beloved P-Days.

Tuesday, we had one of the biggest miracles. We ran into a lady who had missionaries sent to her 5 years ago but never got baptized because she split to the mountain to cut coffee during her investigation of the church. Elder Hobbs just had a feeling to contact her on the street and now she wants to get baptized this upcoming weekend. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Imagine how different it could've been if we didn't plan to be in that area at that time. I love life!

Wednesday we did splits and I worked with a returned missionary named Elvis. Some bolo kept stalking me and Elvis told him off. BRO!

Thursday morning I met some Jehovah's Witness from Alaska in the store. Super funny seeing another white dude here. After, Elder Hobbs and I thought we had parasites so we went to a lab and had to poop in a freaking cup! The good news though: Parasite free baby!

Friday I went on another split up to Jinotega. I didn't get to work much because the Elder I was with had to do interviews for baptisms all day. :( Still, Jinotega is the flippin' jungle so I got to see some cool views!

Saturday was the big day! I got a free cinnamon roll in the morning at this place called Yum Yum's, then we went over to lunch date's house in Sor Maria. SHE GOT A FLIPPIN' CAKE FOR MY BDAY! I had never been so happy in my whole life. A family, who has so little, cared enough for me to get a cake. Humbling moment that was for me. I love them so much! Tons of photos below! After, I just kind of forgot it was my birthday and hit the ground running. You just kind of forget about yourself and realize how important it is to serve the people and your companion. No better feeling! :)

Sunday we had such an awesome attendance at church! Hard working week paying off. Later, it rained SO HARD. The roads in Sor Maria were straight rivers. I had never seen anything like it. I just love it here so much. 

The Lord gives us special experiences to remind us of the importance of the work. I am so grateful for that. He continues to show me weakness though and ways I can improve. I am always extremely grateful for that. I'm seeing miracles, big and small, everyday. Nothing better than the mission. I love you all so much! I hope you had a killer week. Keep on keepin' on!

Elder Campbell 

Scriptures:

1. Acts 3:6 "Silver and gold, I have none. But this I have. CHILLS!"
2. 1 Peter 5:2 "Feed the flock among you."
3. 2 Nephi 29:6-9 "God loves all of his children. The Book of Mormon is proof of that."
4. Jeremiah 1:5 "Before God formed me in the belly 19 years ago, he knew me! :)"

Pictures:



1. Hobbs and his flippin' dolls. Can't believe he goes home this change :(

2. The Hernandez Fam :)

3 & 4. PASTEL TIEMPO


5. Pizza day, yo

6. That dang Cathedral again

No comments:

Post a Comment