Tuesday, October 4, 2016

GC TO SAVE THE DAY October 3, 2016

Good people, how goes it? Another P-Day rolled around and I am so pumped to email! First of all, happy 2 months in the mission to me! Time flies when you are serving the Lord. :) Second, I hope General Conference was an experience for you guys to grow and learn from the Lord's servants. Nica's sure do love their baseball. Every group of kids in the street plays little pick up games of handball (baseball without a bat). Right now, the playoffs for the professional league are going on and that is all anyone watches at night. We found TONS of success at the end of this week!

Monday was beloved P-Day. We played lots of futbol and shopped a little bit at Maxipali (Nica Walmart). I bought a huge bag of crappy corn flakes to keep me going in the mornings. Missin' the endless cereal at the MTC in the mornings.. We found this shake place on P-Day that has changed our lives forever. The bolos love sleeping over there for some reason. They love to talk to 'los mormones' :)

Tuesday, Elder Hobbs had to go to Managua for a leaders meeting and I was with a member in Sor Maria for the ENTIRE day. He speaks super fast, so I just nodded my head and said lots of ''Si'' and ''exactamente''. He helped me find tons and tons of people though! This one dude starting going off on us about the Bible and I just sat back and watched. Juan Riso is a baller 

Wednesday I hit the sick wall. Just pushed on forward and we had lots of blessings!

Thursday morning we had to bring 2 new beds into our house, up that super sketchy spiral staircase and into our house. Hobbs wants to have more Elders stay at our house so we can do splits and wreck the people in Sor Maria with the Spirit!

Friday, Matagalpa beat Leon in baseball and the entire city was losing it. Fireworks, trucks full of people were yelling and honking horns, and everyone was celebrating. Super fun teaching lessons with fireworks! 

Saturday was GC day! We spent all week looking for people to bring to the sessions. We ended up in a Ciber (internet cafe) in Sor Maria watching Conference. Little tender mercy, I got to watch it in English. Ask and ye shall receive, amirite? Saturday I woke up with the craziest rash ALL over my body. Thanks a lot Nicaragua. My face even has it a little bit, and all of the Nicas were asking me if I was diseased. ''El Chele'' is a monster they would say haha! Love them to death!

Sunday was the day all the hard work payed off. Our investigator of 3 weeks and her family finally got baptized! What a special experience that was for us. It truly was a miracle they ended up getting baptized. Heavenly Father's hand was seen in every aspect of their progression! Listen to this: It took me 3 times to baptize Janeth (the mom). Her flippin' dress would come up to the surface every time, no matter what I did. Pretty sure she wanted to punch me in the face when I told her we had to do it again for the 3rd time. I felt pretty bad, but at the same time, it was hilarious :) We played baseball with her family after conference. I just love those Nicas!

I hope and pray you learned from GC! Lots and lots of good stuff from the bosses. This week was a trying one, but the beautiful thing about trials is that we draw nearer to Christ as we experience them. I love you all! Have a killer week!

Elder Campbell

Scriptures:

Jacob 5:70-71 ''We come closer to the Savior as we labor in his vineyard.''
Moroni 7:12-13 ''All good things come from God''
1 Samuel 15:22 ''To obey is greater than to sacrifice.'' read this this week. Thought about it for awhile.
John 8:6-7 ''He that is without sin.'' Love this story!

Pictures:




1 Game of Thrones

2 GC in the Ciber!

3 How you get all of the town the Conference. FLATBED!

4 Hermana Conny makes me lunch everyday. Her son Maycol is one cool dude!

6 ELDER RUSH and ELDER DE LEON

5 The baptism :)

No comments:

Post a Comment