Tuesday, January 30, 2018

"FATHER, ARE YOU THERE?" - Hugh B. Brown January 28, 2018

There is a mystical land, in thee hottest part of this country of Nicaragua called El Viejo. In this place, miracles are worked on a daily basis, the members love the missionaries like they are their own children, and the Lord brings out the best of his representatives. After 10 months in thee Maximo Jerez, the time has finally arrived. Starting tomorrow, I will continue the journey in this famous place EL VIEJO! It was a rough moment saying goodbye to so many that I have grown to love through so many experiences, but I know the Lord has something grand in store for me in CHINANDEGA! This week was quite a humbling one that yet again taught me a bountiful amount of lessons.

Monday, we had the chance to have a Family Home Evening with our investigator, Adriela, at the house of in laws! She was so engaged and soaked up all the teachings we gave while her husband (a returned missionary) kept re-teaching the principles after we taught them. He just wanted to make sure his 'amor' understood completely (so cute, goals!). The promise in D&C 50 of the teacher and the recipitant being edified by the Holy Ghost definitely was fulfilled during this lesson!

Tuesday-Thursday was the big trip up north with Presidente Poncio! We passed through Ocotal, Esteli, and Matagalpa! I saw old converts, members, had a MTC reunion with my old district, and it was a beauitful experience! Bianca and Darving from Matagalpa had a giant picture of Elder Mendez and I hanging up from when she was baptized. That hit home my dear friends back home..

Saturday was the baptism of this unique man, Orester! He has a been a hoot to teach and sincerly witness the change the Lord has made in his heart. Elder Packer made the promise that if someone will study the doctrine of Christ it will change their attitude and behavior better than a study of human behavior ever could. Orester will have that same opportunity if he sticks close to the Iron Rod and works his hardest!

I am certain that God gives each missionary special experiences that are fit for his or her exact needs. I look forward to miracles in the final months of mission. I look forward to building a stronger relationship with Him. I look forward to loosing myself in the humble service of my brothers and sisters in Chinandega. Here I come!

I love you all. Have the best one yet!

Elder Brayden Campbell 


ORESTER

LA FAMILIA GUTIRREZ


DAVID ROSALES

LA MAXIMITES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment