Tuesday, January 23, 2018

WE WORKED SO HARD, WE FORGOT TO EAT January 21, 2018

To the homestead back in Utah, I learned some mighty lessons this past week working my tail off in the trenches with my brothers! It was yet another one filled with miracles, humbling moments, and typical mission fun. My dear Grandmother, Sharron Campbell turned the big Seventy-Five this last week. I owe it all to you Grams, you took on the heavy burden of watching a heathen like me when I was a child and look at me now :) I love you! Here is how the week played out:

Monday was normal office day with Pres. Poncio and the gang, but the precious afternoon/night time hours to work were awesome! We talked to a man who has been drunk for decades (he was sober!) and he poured out his soul to us. Turns out he was baptized years back, and he asked us for a Priesthood blessing for comfort. Those were spiritual words spoken to a man who was desperate need. Christ really does work one by one!

Tuesday, God called a Prophet to lead and guide! We watched the broadcast and I dyed laughing at the questions some of the people threw at him. I went on divisons with Elder Thackeray while Elder Mendez was in Chinandega and we had quite a spiriutal lesson at a inactives house while looking for references. He was critizing all the leaders, blasting the members, and denying his own testimony. We settled him down, and explained how our decisions determine destiny (Thanks Pres Monson see talk below) and how he was being selfish as a Father for not allowing his kids to go to church. They are future missionaries for heck sakes! He changed his whole demeanor because the Spirit was with 2 humble missionaries.

Wednesday, we met our Golden Investiagor, Marcio! He is a chemical engineer and asked about every question under the sun about Joseph Smith, The Book of Mormon, temples, the Sacrament. He loved the Plan of Salvation because he lost his father at a young age. He has gone to church 2 with his girlfriend! Shall be a cool baptism in February! (Fruits of Christmas Party References)

Friday, I learned a lesson my mother preached for so long before the mission. BE ON TIME. Always. For being dumb and uneffective, we missed THREE reference visits with THREE elects. Ah man I was upset haha! 

Saturdays aren't the same without baptisms.. But dont worry! The boys are getting dressed in white for this upcoming week. 3 of our investigators are taking those steps.. Wish us luck!

Thanks for all the prayers you have offered in part of me loved ones. I truly do feel them! I love the mission. It truly will weed out the boys from the men.
Until we meet again, in one week time. Love you all!

Elder Campbell

Alma 8:18 At times, we have to take different routes (multiple times trying) to be successful! It may require 2, 3, 4, or more tries. Failing is not an option!
D&C 9:11 ´´I took counsels to my fears´´ Don't let golden opprotunities pass you up for fear..
John 7:16-17 Put God's doctrine to the test and find out what he is all about!

NO PICS THIS WEEK, SORRY. 

No comments:

Post a Comment