Friday, November 3, 2017

HE KNOCKS, WE RECEIVE (REV. 3:20) October 15, 2017

20 years ago, 2 full decades, on a windy, fall afternoon, your dear friend Elder Campbell was born, weighing in at a startling 9 lbs 2 oz! Thank you to my beloved mother for allowing me to come to this world to fulfill all the assignments that my Father in Heaven has entrusted me. AND! Thank you to every single one of you who shot me a birthday wish or a birthday pray or a thought. I love you. Mission birthdays allow you to put yourself aside and go help someone else. President Monson once said that all he would ask for his birthday would be an opportunity to help out a friend in need.  I tried my hardest to fulfill it, but the Nicas in the Maximo are some of thee nicest people to walk this planet and sure do love their missionaries! 

Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were spent on the road with President in the lands of Chinandega and Leon! I spent the night with my best buds, Elder Mower and Nonu. We taught thee coolest family about the restoration after our interview tasks with President! At night... all I have to say is Trouble. In Leon, I was with another pair of best buds, Elder Rush and Morrison. I can easily say that the Nicaragua Managua North mission is stacked with pals hahaha.

Friday, we made our return back to the Maximo! We worked and worked and worked. We had so many spiritual lessons with our investigators, including Yornele! She is 17 year old from a pueblito named Waslala. She was sent to Managua to work for her uncle, but I know for a fact is was to be able to hear the Gospel. At the moment, there are no missionaries in her home town! She was scared and nervous to commit to her baptism for the following day. Elder Diaz and I helped her to feel the Spirit and realize that the Lord was calling her. It was powerful! 

Saturday, President Poncio took us down to Masaya to play hahaha! Of course, we had to work some magic with the car battery because she was fried, but it worked out! We went to the Chocoyero-El Brujo natural reserve and saw 15 foot snakes, spiders the size of my face, and a whole herd of monkeys! After, I saw yet another set of Toucans at the zoo. Dreams to come true!  Our baptisms were set for 5:00 pm and before we knew it, it was 4:45! So we got on our horse and flew back to Managua, just in time for the prime time event! We got to the church, and the service was FULL! Yornele and Edward were dressed in white, ready to go. Edward saw me and gave me the biggest smile a 9 year old could. Edward is one special lad! His Dad is a member, inactive due to his addictions. Everyday, Edward prays that his dad can overcome his problems and stay in the house instead of going out in the street to get drunk. On occasion, Edward has to go drag his dad back home and give him a shirt and pair of shoes to put on because he is so gone. But, this little 9 year old has taught me one of the biggest lessons of my life. It doesn't matter what kind of trials we go through, we can choose to endure them and serve God and our family with a smile on our faces. We can face up our peers that talk garbage of our beliefs (All of his friends) because we place our trust in God. It was a humbling experience for us 4 Elders.

Sunday! Early in the morning, our dear friend, Luis was baptized by Elder Diaz! We weren't there to see it because we had to go out and search our investigators, but I know it was a miracle and a half for a family that has been praying for this moment for more than 2 years! In the afternoon, 2 of my favorite families invited us over for some cakey cake. Pictures are attached to see how it went :)

The mission is a time to grow up and to put it all on that altar for the Lord. The people are the most important part and I love them with all my heart. Here's to yet another year full of adventures!

Elder Campbell


HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment