Friday, November 3, 2017

SEALED FAMILIES & CORDON BLEU October 22, 2017

We were blessed and privileged as a mission to have a special 3 day visit from Elder Valeri Cordon from the 70 during this last week! The number one thing he taught us was HOW we establish the church as missionaries. He flat out taught that it is through strong, faithful families that are sealed in the temple. He then expanded on how we needed to change our culture and our visions as missionaries, to come to truly understand just how valuable each and every soul is to our Lord. With Elder Diaz, we traveled up to Matagalpa (HOME) Tuesday to be the 2 Elias.(preparing the way) We checked the sound system, made sure the armed guards were set and ready to go, and then made our way over to the one and only SOR MARIA! Hermana Bianca and Darving invited us over to have a birthday celebration, remembering all the old times. They both shared with me thee happiest news I have heard in the last 15 months of my missionary service... They are planning to get sealed in the temple in the coming months! I never felt the Spirit so strongly as we enjoyed that moment with them. I was able to be an instrument in the Lord`s hands in helping this oh so special family. Now we just wait for the big day! I gave Darving some beef jerky that my mother sent me and he almost shed some tears. The Nicas LOVE beef jerky hahahaha. 

All throughout the week, we had one on one meetings with Elder Cordon. He is the definition of the ``polished shaft in the Lord`s quiver`` that Isaiah talks about, no doubt. He taught me so many important tips and tricks on how to be a good man and missionary.
 
Friday, I got egged by a family in the Maximo. I love them so much hahaha!

Saturday, we were able to my baptize my good friend, Gabriel! He is the coolest little 10 year old you will meet! He loves the Book of Mormon, singing the hymns, and rejecting cups of coffee from his family members hahaha! His mother, wouldn't give us permission for his baptism 2 months ago. His dad, a member, fought his cause, but ultimately lost. We took a different approach and we taught the mom. Slowly, but surely, she changed. The Spirit worked his magic yet again! Now she is preparing for her baptism in November! 



October is a month of miracles. That is the only way I can describe it. This week I came to understood my purpose in a deeper way. God is real. Jesus Christ came earth 2,000 and did the most miraculous act to be done upon the face of this earth. He can heal you, if you just let him. Read Maxwell`s quote to understand what he truly does with us! I love you all. Dueces!




"God does not begin by asking us about our ability, but only about our availability, and if we then prove our dependability, he will increase our capacity!"  -Elder Neal A. Maxwell
The House


EGGED!


'Tism


No comments:

Post a Comment