Wednesday, February 1, 2017

BOLO DAYS January 23, 2017

Let the tales of Elder Carter and Elder Campbell begin! I am so blessed to have another hard working, dedicated comp. (4/4) Plus, he speaks English.  Wow, what a first week it was here in the border of Nicaragua and Honduras. The people here are the exact same as Matagalpa, loving and drunk haha. Our zone has areas that are 3 hours away and all the missionaries are super cool. We are struggling right now, but we have got plans and changes that are going to rise this puppy back on top! I am glad that President Trump didn't have any problems during his inauguration and that all the weed smoking cities blazed up in honor of him. USA BABY!

To be honest, this week was just about as normal as it could be. Hard work and adventuring in the new area! We passed a few drunks and had to take advantage of the opportunity. 

I had the chance to do my very first baptismal interview with an 18 year old named Jony. To sit and listen to his experiences that darkened his life before, and how the Holy Atonement of Jesus Christ rescued him, brought quite the feeling to my soul. I really have seen the effects of this Infinite Atonement change the lives of people here in Nicaragua and I know that each and everyone of you can use it in the exact same way. Just be humble and willing to change, and the Lord will repair you!

We chopped a few coconuts to celebrate the end of the week. Cheers!

That's a rap from Elder Camp! I love you all. More to come next week, I promise!

Scriptures:

D&C 103:9 Saviors of Men
D&C 9:7-8 Study it out, then ask!
New companion - Elder Carter (with the glasses)




No comments:

Post a Comment