Tuesday, September 20, 2016

BATMAN vs. EL LUCHADOR August 13, 2016

Good people from the outside world, it's me, Elder Campbell.

10 days already gone, how insane is that? All the experienced Elders told us just to make it to your first Sunday then all the days will begin to blur together. I can totally attest for how true that is haha. To begin, you will not believe the luck my companion, Elder McCord, has. So remember how I was telling you guys that he got sick and I gave him a blessing? Well, he wakes up the next morning even worse, so we ended up going to Instacare (little field trip to the outside) with strep throat! Haha, he then had to get a shot right in his butt. Of course, I got a picture to harass him with. But get this, the next day, the dude ends up getting pink eye! The whole Zone has been avoiding him and calling him 'enfermo' all week. 

Last Saturday, we had thee most epic throwdown in our apartment complex between Elder Batman (no joke, his last name is Batman. I'll get a picture of his plaque next week.) and El Luchador. Batman threw on a batman mask from home and this other Elder had a Nacho Libre mask and they wrestled in the living space in the complex. I've never seen anything like it. On Sunday, I was in the room most of the day with McCord because of his Strep. But, I was able to go to Sacrament and hear the testimonies of the older kids. I love hearing how much love they all have for Christ. Later on, I sung in the MTC choir with 1,500 other missionaries and Matthew Holland spoke about Joseph Smith at the devotional. Singing Praise to the Man and Joseph's First Prayer after he described what Joseph actually went through was humbling. Later, we watched The Character of Christ by David A. Bednar. What an amazing talk that was :)

Tuesday, Elder Neil L. Anderson of the Qof12 came and talked! First time I've ever seen an Apostle live. They broadcasted his talk to every MTC in the world. Super cool! We all stood up when he walked in and all of us were completely silent. Such a spiritual experience. He talked about how missionary work isn't complex, but it isn't easy.He focused on three main points: Be clean, Be obedient, Be busy. He killed it :)  I sung in the choir again and definitely was on the TV. So, Elder Bauman at the Mexico MTC, I better be famous amongst your district. 

Thursday, Elder McCord and I taught one of our last lessons with Alberto. We focused on trying to use the Spirit more and less of our notes. Boy did it pay off. No joke, I understood EVERY word that Alberto was saying. I was able to form words in my head while barely using any of my notes. The Spirit was honestly so strong :) Definite testimony builder.

On Friday, Brother Myers (who actually turned out to be our 'investigator', Alberto) opened up his lesson with thee coolest story of Christ. We sang 'Nearer my God to Thee' and then he went right into it. He explained that Christ never looked outward once in his entire life. He was always searching for ways to help and serve others.He then explained how crucifying is thee most painful way of death known to mankind. While Christ was on the cross, he still was teaching and serving. These are Bro. Myers words. "Nothing on Earth, Heaven, or Hell could've stopped Christ. What will stop you, Elders? A little tiredness or laziness? When you are down or feeling sorry for yourselves, get back up and get to work. Do what Christ would've done." I've never felt the Spirit so strong in my life. I love my teachers so much. Hermano Harris and Myers are quite the dynamic duo. 

I'm so pumped for Nicaragua and the chance to be a representative for the greatest life this Earth has ever seen. Also, shout out to thee Kimberly Campbell & Nicole Curtis for hooking me up with a fat package and some Krispy Kreme's.Te Amo!

Elder Brayden Troy Campbell
SEP12  NIC-MANN
2005 N 900 E Unit 192
Provo UT 84602

I have loads of pictures for you guys! Hope you enjoy them. Also, sbove is my MTC address if you are feeling bored. ;) By the way, THEE Jeffrey R. Holland is speaking to us on Tuesday. I understand if you are jealous because I am honestly so excited. The MTC gym only holds like 2,000 missionaries, so there will be fights for a seat. That's a promise. Until next Saturday, much love! :) Nos Vemos!
Brayden and Schyler Schoemaker

Sick Elder McCord - getting to visit the Instacare


SHOT!
Bingham Boys


Schyler Shoemaker, Ethan Erickson, Brady Atkin and Brayden - Bingham Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment