Tuesday, September 20, 2016

WE HAVE MADE IT September 10, 2016

People of the outside world, we have made it. The field is finally awaiting and District 25B is ready to save some souls! The MTC has been quite the ride, but I've never been more excited for something in my entire life. We had in-field orientation yesterday (an all day event), and they showed pictures of tons of past missionaries at their investigators baptisms. I just felt like a champ walking in there, realizing that it was finally my time. The MTC is basically it's own separate mission. You get fed 3 hot meals every day, have hot showers, a laundry room, a nice bed, and just about every other luxury of home. I'm honestly stoked for the opportunity to go down south to a place with such humble circumstances and love those Nicas :) We had an amazing last week in the MTC! Chad Lewis, Elder D. Todd Christoffersen, tons of spiritual experiences, and of course, goodbyes. Shout out to Elder Koch for finally making it out to Mexico! Proud of you bro.

Sunday was super awesome! It was fast and testimony meeting, and almost every missionary in our zone bore his or her testimony. It's something else to see so many 18 and 19 year olds get up and explain their reasons for serving a mission and the love they have for their Savior. I just felt at home here. 2,400+ kids who all have the same purpose in mind and are here to serve their King. Sunday night, Chad Lewis, the former BYU and NFL football player, spoke to us! It was the funnest devotional I had at the MTC. He showed pictures of his mission, told stories about the mish, football, dating, and college. The coolest challenge he gave was to 'make everyday something you can write about in your journal.' His stories got me so pumped for the field! 

Monday was just your basic MTC day. Right before I went home, I found a powerful quote by Thomas S. Monsen. "There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save. Are we doing all we should?" Cool little thought :)

Tuesday, Elder D. Todd Christoffersen gave the most sincere talk on repentance. There is nothing like hearing the words of a literal prophet of our Savior, having him tell you that there is a way back and that repentance really does work. I took SO many notes haha. He said, "It is greater to be trusted than to be loved." That hit home. I hope you all can think about that little quote and the significance it has. At the end, he bore his testimony with power. He said that he is a special witness of our Savior. He said this about this our Savior, "He personally directs this church. He personally directs this work."  Instant chills! To hear a man, who, is probably one of few on this earth that has a very personal and sacred relationship with Jesus Christ, say these words. I can't explain how powerful it was. The best part, of course, is standing up as he left the stand and had him wave to all of us :)

Wednesday was new missionary day! I never got the chance to be a host on the curb. I 'm kind of upset they never picked our zone, but what can you do? I love yelling stuff to the new Elders as they walk in haha. Always looking so confused and nervous. 

Friday was our last lesson with Hermana Dibb. I don't understand why, but I was blessed with a trio of teachers who changed my life forever. Each teacher had such a strong love for Jesus Christ and they loved working with us. It made class enjoyable and something that I looked forward to. Hermana Dibb served in Guatemala and she said Nicaragua will be really similar! Our whole district expressed how much we loved her and how grateful we are for here example! Everyday was a privilege. She gave us some motivating words of advice then we said our goodbyes. I have some pictures of her below :) 

I think my favorite thing at the MTC has been going to meals and seeing Elders and Sisters saying their own little, personal prayers over their food before they ate. I don't know why, I just loved seeing that every meal time. I also loved how much fun I have had here. I met SO many new pals, and we worked like mules during class and study time. WE ARE READY!

I'm proud to say that I gave it my all while I was here. At his devotional, Elder Christoffersen said this while talking about repentance and forgetting ourselves and turning towards the Lord. "I want to live your life. You are my life. That other life is gone."  Couldn't have said it better. :)

Hopefully I have some rad stories and pictures for you guys in the coming weeks. I can't express how much I love you all! Thank you for all the prayers!

He Lives!

Elder Campbell
PS: GO COUGS!! The Holiest of all days has arrived!
Scriptures/Thoughts:

D&C 18:10 "Worth of souls is great in the sight of God."
Ether 12:27 "Turn weaknesses into strengths through the Lord."
2 Nephi 2:24 "God knows why. Trust in him"
Isaiah 55:8-9 "So are my ways higher than your ways."
John 15:13-14 "No greater love."

"Thank you Mr. Gardner for loving me enough to cut me down." -Elder D. Todd Christoffersen. 

Pictures:





1) Buck and Campbell. Cute eh​​?

2) The Boys and Dibb!

3) "Keep your 3 Book of Mormon lengths distance"

4 & 5) THEE HOLY WAR: We're so pumped to watch it!


No comments:

Post a Comment