Tuesday, September 20, 2016

THE WORK IS ROLLING! August 27, 2016

The days are honestly blurring together. I leave for Nicaragua 2 weeks from Monday, how insane is that? Welcome Elders Henderson, Paulson, Lokotui, Matagi, and Parrott to the one place on Earth where you can still feel the Spirit while showering. Sickness spreads like wildfire in the ol' MTC, entonces se llavo sus manos mucho. Shout out to the game of College Football for beginning in T-Minus less than one week. I'll miss you dearly! We had some awesome experiences this week as a district, and personally, I had some humbling and confidence building moments as well. It's so weird how close I've gotten to the boys in my district/zone, you'd think we were best friends for years before we entered the Work! So, let's begin.

Beloved Sunday was such an awesome day! Happy Birthday Jentrey and President Monsen :) My good bud, Elder Buck, was made our ZL on the Sabbath and I was so pumped. He went to Ogden High and he is in the other district that came in with mine. We hang in the living room and talk and drink Mtn. Dew just about every night before bed. We share super sweet scriptures we've found throughout the day and other awesome things! The Nashville Tribute Band came for our devotional and it was rad! After the 'concert' (it was the closest we'll get to a concert in 2 years) everyone was saying how much they miss music haha. They sang some sweet songs about John the Baptist, The Savior, and missionary work. Look them up if you get a chance. My favorite song is 'I was Born'. Just talks about straight missionary work :) I got chills when we sang about Christ coming again! He lives!

Monday, one of the coolest experiences happened with the district. Elder Udall's mother was getting cancer surgery Tuesday morning and he has been really quiet about it. We decided as a district that we would all kneel together and begin a fast for him and his mom. The Spirit was so strong, and a few Elders said they felt like someone was putting their arms around them as we kneeled together. Crazy huh? We fasted all day Tuesday and it was totally worth every minute.

Tuesday, Juan A Uceda from the Qof70 came and delivered his super cool message! He said, "For the first time in your lives, someone is asking for your all. Your whole heart, your whole soul, all of it." Definitely a humbling moment there. He then told of his conversion story and how our investigators deserve to feel the love and Spirit that we bring into homes. Man's got an awesome testimony :) All of my teachers tell us that we are on the Lord's time and how we should take advantage of every moment. Elder Erickson left and we got one last picture together! Godspeed Elder, thanks for being one of the biggest examples to me! Give them heaven :)

Wednesday, good Ol' Mikey Henderson came in and we got a picture together as a crew! Still just as ugly if you are curious (Check the photos below for proof). Elder Hogge (in our district) had a stricture and needed surgery. He has a CATHETER till Sunday. My heart goes out to that Young Man. 

Thursday/Friday, Hermana Dibb (our maestra/investagador) taught us a powerful lesson using Words of Mormon 1:7. It talks about how through us, especially as missionaries, God is working and spreading his Gospel. Elder McCord and I taught her about the love of Christ in our progressive lesson and the Spirit was so strong. I shared Romans 8:38-39 with her and she loved it! Friday night, we taught my boy Sergio again! He's so sick. He worked for National Geographic in Mexico for a few months shooting video of the Mayan ruins. He asked us why people in our church get married so young. I explained how the boys return from missions and are void from contact with girls for 2 years so they are antsy. He blew up laughing :) We taught him an awesome lesson about Jesus Christ and the Sacrament to prepare him for his baptism

Another week down huh? 2 weeks from Monday I leave for Nicaragua. The plan is to catch a tarantula and keep it as a pet. I'll keep you posted on how that goes. Spanish is coming along great, I'm honestly doing well. BUT, everyone says once you hit the field, you don't understand anything. 

Shout out to my cousin Lizzie for the letter, except a response shortly :) We also inherited a mini fridge this week. Apparently, the story behind is that an elder like 6 months ago came here and had diabetes and he needed to keep his medicine cool. So they gave him a mini fridge and they never asked for it back. And of course, do you think an Elder would give it back? Obviously not. Grateful for that beloved Elder and his diabetes. :)

Love you guys all so much! Watch lots of football and read some scriptures before bed time. Keep me updated on how my Cougs do :) (Like when they beat the Utes)

Elder Campbell

Scriptures:
Mosiah 24:14  John 21 (feed my sheep)  Matthew 11:28  Alma 7:11

Pictures:

Package from a good bud of mine :)



Sergio, the man himself, in the flesh!
Elders Atkin, Shoemaker, I, Henderson, and Loko

Elder Hendy and his Chinese Speaking self.

I sparked Floral Friday in the Spanish Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment