Tuesday, September 20, 2016

BACK AT IT August 20, 2016

Gracias por su tiempo. Elder Campbell back at it!

I'm sorry, but I first must break all of your hearts. Elder Holland did not speak to the MTC this week. He decided to bail and talk at BYU instead.. But we were privileged to hear form Sister Oscarson, the General YW President, and from Brother Daniel Judd. I'll share about each of their talks at separate parts during this email. But, to begin, I have an awesome story! For the last week, Elder McCord and I have been teaching a REAL investigator named Sergio Hernandez. Sergio's brother served a mission for the church and Serigo noticed a huge change in his brother's demeanor. He decided to investigate the church. He's been taking lessons from some Sisters here at the MTC, but they are leaving on Monday so we took over. They challenged him to be baptized, but he was still kind of shaky. So Elder McCord and I taught him about the Plan and about Jesus Christ's Atonement and he totally loved us. He met with the Sisters one more time before our lesson yesterday and he chose to be baptized! During our lesson, he said he loved talking to us and really wanted to keep the commitments we challenged him with. I didn't feel like we did a whole lot, but he said our lesson on Jesus Christ appearing in 3rd Nephi really helped him decide. A little miracle it 'twas :)

On Sunday night,  Daniel Judd spoke to us. He shared thee coolest story about this Islamic convert named Muhmed Ibinjo from Ghana were Judd served as a MP. It brought a little tear to my hearing this man tell his story and how he literally jumped for joy when he received an answer from God telling him it was true. Pretty sure the video of his story is on LDS.org if you are interested. Its a good one :) Later, we watched 17 Miracles. Everyone's eyes were really sweaty, it was thee oddest thing. 

Tuesday, Sister Oscarson shredded us with her testimony. She opened up by apologizing for not being Elder Holland, and then showed us the video of the gardener and the current bush video by Elder Chirstofferson. If you've never seen it, I challenge you to search it up on LDS.org. Such an awesome message :) After in our district meeting, I told about my man Harley Yazzie and a little of his story and about his baptism. I'm so proud of you brother and for you decision. Sorry I couldn't make it, I was a little busy ;) 

Miercoles, we taught a real investigator from Barcelona! Of course, she talked with the beloved theta (lisp) that those Spaniards use. It was a little difficult to understand, but I seriously don't realize until after lessons how well I'm picking up/speaking in pure Spanish. The Lord works in mysterious ways :)

Thursday/Friday were both super awesome days! Brother Myers is our new teacher and he served in Uruguay. I'll get a picture with him next week. This man is seriously a true disciple of Jesus Christ. He always shares the coolest messages and stories about the Savior and his own personal life. He makes us speak in Spanish, or at least attempt to, before we can ask in English if we truly don't know how to say it. Yesterday (Friday) he D&C 45:3-5 with us, along with Moses 7: 28-29, 32-33. The stories and doctrine he shared with these scriptures blew me away. A total wave of Spirit hit me. D&C talks about how Christ is our mediator with Father and how all of our guilt, all of our blames, all of our sins, are on him. It's powerful. Sit down, take a moment to read, and then thank the Lord for what he's done for us. You cannot even begin to comprehend how much love Christ has for you :) 

This sums up another week in the adventures of Elder Campbell. Elder Brig Rush sent me an email and described a little bit about Nicaragua. The town he's in has no running water, fleas, bugs, and parasites in their house, rains everyday, and the people talk beyond fast and have their own little slang. Boy, I am pumped! :) 

Until next time, do some good in the world. Send me a letter or something cool.

John 14:27  1 John 1:8-9  Joshua 1:9

Elder Campbell


PICTURES:


Brayden and Schyler Shoemaker

Elder McCord and I, thugging around

Floral Friday with Elder Fankhauser (left) and Elder Howell (right). They're both wearing my ties :)

Elder Udall being Elder Udall (Thee funniest kid I've met)

The old country shirt cliché x2 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment